School Funding Overview. Trying to get educational funding is a multi-step procedure, as outlined on our websites.
Financial help is present to pay for tuition, charges, publications and materials as well as the expenses of housing and transport, for pupils whom use and qualify.
You will see a wide range of quick videos to help you through the aid that is financial which help you realize your help and duties.
The CollegeвЂ™s educational funding staff can be obtained that will help you with using, understanding your school funding prizes, and remaining on course to stay qualified to receive help.
8 Procedures to School Funding
Step 1. make an application for aid
- Head to FAFSA, the complimentary Application for Federal Student help
- Enter PCC Federal Class Code: 007266
- Utilize IRS Information Retrieval Tool whenever feasible
OR utilize the brand new myStudentAid mobile app
You might complete the FAFSA any right time after Oct. 1. Funding for some grant programs is restricted.
For the opportunity that is best to get give aid, complete the FAFSA no later than Feb. 1.
Action 2. Watch your MyPima School Funding Checklist
- Flags commence to appear about mid-February on items to be finished. These must certanly be completed straight away. As soon as done, you will notice a check party that is green.
- It’s advocated which you opt-in to your Early Book Purchase Program placed in the вЂњoptionalвЂќ section.
Action 3. after you have all green check markings, watch out for a contact in your Pima.edu account, permitting your understand you have got a school funding honor.
Step. Loan offers start in July. When set, you’ll accept or drop your loan offer in your MyPima account. Remember, that loan needs to be paid back, therefore actually choose carefully.
Action 5. If you accept the offer, complete your Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN), that are now detailed with red XвЂ™s in your list.
Action 6. Sign up for e-refund so any funds kept after your tuition and costs are compensated will soon be provided for you faster compared to a paper check.
Action 7. plan and go to your classes. School funding disburses after classes start. When you have trouble in your classes, see your teacher or an consultant as quickly as possible. Achieving success in classes is very important to getting school funding.
Action 8. Remember to repeat these actions for next yearвЂ™s aid. In the event that you have stuck or donвЂ™t accept help by the re re payment due date, talk to school funding or make payment plans with cashierвЂ™s workplace by the due date.
Upcoming Financial Help and Scholarship Events
- Go to a free virtual pupil seminar where it is possible to explore over 30 universities, universities, community universities (including Pima Communitcy College) along with other organizations of advanced schooling inside and out of state.
- Fair Dates
- Sign up for the COMPLIMENTARY Arizona university Consortium Virtual Conference and College Fair (free occasion for pupils, moms and dads, senior school counselors)
- Scholarship possibility
- Senior school students see 3 or maybe more university stands become immediately entered into a drawing for a $500 tuition scholarship. Must certanly be a currently enrolled senior high school senior within the 2020-2021 school year that is academic.
- Fair Dates
Taking Classes at 2 Colleges
You can receive financial aid from only the school where you will graduate if you take classes at two colleges at the same time.
- Ask that schoolвЂ™s monetary aid workplace for the Consortium Agreement. This describes your courses at both schools and clarifies who can disburse aid.
- You must reimburse one of the schools if you accidentally get aid from both schools. It is best to allow us understand quickly in the event that you anticipate the help of another college.
- In the event that you get the help of another college, Pima cannot hold your classes. Pay in complete or subscribe to a repayment plan by the re payment due date.
DonвЂ™t have actually a higher Class Diploma?
Federal laws need you have high school diploma or equal to qualify for educational funding. In the event that you donвЂ™t satisfy this requirement, you have got choices.
- I-Best programs are school funding eligible without having a diploma.
- Earn your High School diploma free through the Pima County Library
Make use of Tucson Youth Development. You might quality for just one of the programs ultimately causing a GED.